Image Map

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Road Trip 2014: Day 11

On day 10 we didn't do too much. We hung out with Ronald and Hannah and took her out for birthday lunch and then went to church later that evening. It was a very nice relaxing day. I think there are a few photos on my phone so I will have to find those later. I didn't take any on my camera so let's move on to day 11.

Ronald and Hannah wanted to take us to the Oregon coast since we had seen most of the California coast but none of the Oregon coast on our way up. Plus it was supposed to get up to 100 degrees in Portland that day so we opted to head to the beach and cool off. We decided to go to Tillamook so we could tour the cheese factory. If you know me you know that I loooove cheese so that was pretty exciting for me!







We went to the beach in Oceanside, OR. 





It was Shane's first day at the beach, which was pretty cool that we got to be there for that. He was having a pretty good time playing in the sand but when he got his feet in the icy cold water he was not happy. It was so cute!
















We saw so many VW vans on the coast. I wanted one before and now I do even more! This one was perfect. My favorite color and everything. The girl in the passenger seat saw me taking photos so she cheesed right when they got to us. Ha!


On our way back we stopped by the Roloff Farm. The Roloffs are the family from the tv show Little People, Big World. My mom and I used to watch that show all the time. We loved it. So, I thought it would be cool to see their farm. Sadly, they were closed to the public. Both of their sons are getting married soon so I'm sure they were in full on wedding mode. Still cool to see the sign and you could see part of the farm from the road. I want to go there during pumpkin season anyway. That's kind of what they are known for.

No comments:

Post a Comment