Image Map

Thursday, March 14, 2013

not the best day ever


Today I had to get a root canal. I have been dreading it for a couple of months now. It took me at least that long to get the nerve to make the actual appointment! When it comes to the dentist I am absolutely terrified. I don't know why, maybe it's the weird noises, the pain, shots!? Probably all of the above. I don't think I've ever had a traumatizing event at the dentist just regular dental stuff but for some reason I just hate it. I think everyone does. Anyway, I made sure they knew how scared I was and they were so nice and got me a prescription for some anxiety medicine and then once I got there they hooked me up to the gas as well so I was pretty out of it the entire time. It still wasn't the best experience but definitely nothing like I expected. So far I haven't had any pain except for my jaw hurting from being open so long. My lovely husband took me to get a Frosty tonight since my mouth hurt. It was delicious. My parents came over too and my Dad went with me to the appointment and he got me an icee afterwards too. I've been a little spoiled today but hey, it wasn't a very fun day for me so I think I deserved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment