Image Map

Monday, March 19, 2012

a little weekend update


Here are a few of my favorite Instagrams from this weekend. From the top left we have our Sunday Starbucks date, next up we have the most amazing lunch ever, Panera mac & cheese with a baguette and sweet tea, then the cutest camera I found at a yard sale for a dollar(!) and last but not least (it actually came first since it was taken on Friday) my Dad's 1955 chevy. I love that car, it's so awesome and it was hist first car! He's kept it all these years. So cool. 

This weekend we had a yard sale to help get rid of some stuff we just don't have room for or don't need anymore. We did pretty good. We sold probably 75% of what we had out and the rest we donated to Goodwill and Salvation Army. I love the feeling after a yard sale or a donation trip. I love donating but I also just love getting rid of stuff that's just cluttering up my tiny house. I think I did pretty good this weekend too because I only bought 2 things from another yard sale. Haha! I figured I'd go out to check them out and come home with more stuff. Oh, I should probably mention that our town had a city wide yard sale event this weekend so there were quite a few families who had their own and a few business here did as well. It was pretty fun and we met a lot of people who live here. We only knew a handful of people before that. I really love our small town (it's really small) and I like being just close enough to a big city that we can have random little dates whenever we want to but we have the safety and quietness of a small town to come home to. Don't get me wrong I love big cities but maybe it's just the one we live close to that doesn't seem to be safe no matter where you are. There's so much crime there it's crazy! Maybe I'm just a little extra paranoid but it's scary. The worst thing that's happened since we moved here is a train derailed. No one was hurt and it didn't really do any damage (except to the train). I'm glad we ended up where we are for now. Who knows maybe someday we will move to a whole new state or maybe just buy some land outside of our tiny town. We will see.



1 comment:

  1. yard sales are fun! especially when you MAKE money. and 75% is a pretty good rate!

    ReplyDelete