Image Map

Friday, June 10, 2011

perfect summer side

Up until about a year and a half ago I did not like potato salad. I wouldn't even try it! For some reason I just "knew" I didn't like it. Obviously, I was wrong. Two of our lovely friends that we were having weekly movie nights with would grill every week and make us dinner. I, of course, was in charge of desserts. So, each week we would go to their house and they always grilled something delicious and the girls would make some yummy sides while the boys did the grilling. One week we went over there and they had made potato salad and being a guest I decided to try it. I loved it! Fletcher did too which is weird because he hadn't liked it before either. I had to have the recipe and now we make it all the time! So, here's the recipe for the best potato salad I've ever had!

Courtesy of our lovely friends Johnny and Mekisha.





Mashed Potato Salad

This recipe is so easy, it's really just a recipe that you don't need measurement for.

4-5 large potatoes
Mustard, to taste
Mayo, to taste
Relish, to taste
1 hard boiled egg for every 2 potatoes
Onion, optional

Wash, cut and boil potatoes until soft enough to mash with a fork. Boil eggs and then peel off the shell. Drain potatoes and put in large bowl, mix in mustard, mayo and relish to taste. Dice onion and eggs. Add eggs and then onion if you like and stir up and mash potatoes while stirring. Then viola! You have a yummy side for a picnic or barbecue! 

1 comment: