Image Map

Thursday, March 31, 2011

One Day Without Shoes

I'm sure you all know about Tom's shoes right? Well, if you don't, here's a little bit of info about them.

Tom's is a wonderful company that donates a pair of shoes to a child in need in other countries. They work off of a 1 for 1 plan. When you purchase a pair of Tom's shoes either through their website or in a store they will donate a pair of shoes to a child. There are so many children in the world that have never even had a pair of shoes before in their lives. Can you imagine that!? I think I have between 10 and 15 pairs of shoes right now! I can't even begin to think about how many pairs I've owned throughout my life. It's such a sad thing but Tom's is here to help and you can help! They have an annual event called One Day Without Shoes, it's pretty self-explanatory. You go one day without wearing shoes. It helps them raise awareness and get the word out because of course if someone sees you not wearing any shoes they will most likely ask why and you can share the story of Tom's with them. I am totally not doing this story justice so here's a little video about Tom's and their One Day Without Shoes.


I hope you will all join in and help spread the word. It's really a wonderful cause and a wonderful company to support. I know I will be going without shoes for the majority of the day so I hope you will too!

2 comments: