Image Map

Saturday, October 30, 2010

pumpkin pie


Pumpkin pie reminds me of my childhood. I've always loved it for as long as I can remember and it's always been present every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas time. This may explain a bit of my love of the winter holidays. They are my favorite. Maybe it's because of the amazingly scrumptious treats that are constantly being made around that time of year. It could also be that my birthday is in November and that means 2 months with presents for me! I do love the family togetherness of the two holidays. I am all about family. It is my favorite thing so that probably has the most to do with it. I know that when Thanksgiving and Christmas come around not only do I get to see all of my family but I get to bake for them too! I love baking for them because they are my favorite people and baking them something special and seeing them smile because of it warms my heart just like the warmth of the hot cocoa and the fireplace that we all gather around. Needless to say I think you understand that my favorite time of year is arriving slowly but surely and I'm very excited.

I've already made one of these this year and I'm working on coming up with a pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe! YUM!



Pumpkin Pie
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can Pure Pumpkin puree
1 (12 fluid ounce) can Evaporated Milk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

1 comment:

  1. Did you really just say pumpkin pie cheesecake!!? Drools. Please make that and post haha. Im dying now. And soooo hope you and ubby are coming to Savanahh. Me, you, Abi and the men can enjoy tons of Thanksgiving grub along the river. Party picnic! Party picnic1! xoxo

    ReplyDelete