Image Map

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day part 2:

This past weekend was Mother's Day as we all know and I made my Mom pralines. I used the caramel recipe from Vanilla & Lace. All I did differently was added the 1 lb. of pecans during the last step when the vanilla is added.











I also made her a carrot cake. I used a box mix and just added 1/2 cup of sliced carrots, 1/2 cup of raisins, and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. It was yummy!





Today is my Mom's birthday too! She's had a pretty good week so far I would say! Except, she ate all of the pralines I gave her in one day!! She loves her pralines!

Yesterday we had dinner at our friend's Mekisha and Johnny's, it was so good. Johnny made brisket, baked beans and potato salad. I brought dessert. I made this strawberry cheesecake parfait. I got the recipe from Kraft. I omitted the blueberrys. I'm not a big fan unless they are in muffins. It turned out really good! I'll definitely be making more variations of this all summer!





-M

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm! That all sounds delicious! You have one lucky mom! haha

    ReplyDelete