Image Map

Monday, March 22, 2010

Book Review: The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz


I've gotten back into reading a lot lately. I'm really glad since I've always loved to read but school has discouraged me the past few years. Hopefully, i'll be doing lots more book reviews in the future. I've got a wish list of books to get to so there will be more to come!

I recently discovered David Lebovitz, a dessert chef/blogger. He is absolutely amazing! His recipes are deliciously appetizing. I have a list a mile long of recipes I want to try. Mr. Lebovitz is from the states and has relocated to Paris, France. I've been dreaming of visiting for years! "The Sweet Life in Paris" is about his life since he moved to Paris. He recounts his first months, his misunderstandings with the French, adventures in the vast city and it's shops and some awesome recipes he's come up with along the way! It's funny, witty, and intelligent. It makes me crave the romance of Paris and yearn for some authentic french breads and cheeses. Definitely a must read for a foodie or a Paris lover. I give it a 4 out of 5 stars, I loved his writing and his stories. Everyone should check out his blog and his many cookbooks and definitely pick up this book too!

No comments:

Post a Comment